Instructions for contacting the Ombudsman
Have you experienced discrimination? You can contact the Non-Discrimination Ombudsman by filling in the contact form, by phone, email or letter.
The office provides services in Finnish, Swedish and English. You can also write to us in other languages. Please try to keep your letter no longer than two pages.
In your letter, please try to answer the following questions:
- Where and when did you experience discrimination?
- Who discriminated against you?
- How were you treated in a discriminatory manner?
- Are there any witnesses or written records of what happened?
- Have you submitted the case anywhere else?
- What authority is processing/has processed your case? (e.g. Parliamentary Ombudsman, police, Supreme Administrative Court)
Please submit copies of any decisions or other documents relating to the case.
Send a secure email
If you wish, you may send sensitive and confidential information to us as a secure email. The service is free, easy and safe to use.
You can register here as a secure email user. After registering, open the confirmation link which is sent to the email address you provided. You can now send secure emails and attach to these emails documents and other attachments (maximum message size 150 MB. Files can also be compressed). A message will be sent to your email address to confirm that the secure email has been successfully sent.
You can view here detailed visual instructions for sending a secure email (PDF).